Resistance bands make a great addition to any pilates class and they have many benefits:
- The easily adjustable bands allow you to build strength progressively over time without the need for weights.
- Working with the resistance of the band helps to maintain muscle focus and keeps the stabilising muscles switched on for longer.
- Bands can actually develop better Pilates technique, as the resistance of the band can reduce momentum, allowing you to maintain better control.
- Bands can help us to increase flexibility through passive stretching and improve mobility by supporting and stabilising the joint through an increased range of motion.
- They are fun to use and provide a range of different exercises that are not available in our usual Pilates classes.
Why not come along to a class and give them a try? Choose from Pilates Sculpt and Sweat in Derby or Resistance Band Pilates in Burton.