Learn this beautiful practice of restorative yoga and find deep rest and relaxation. This course will provide you with the tools to teach and practice restorative yoga whether working in a group environment or one-to-one. Open to yoga teachers and yoga teacher trainees.
On this CPD we will cover the following:
- History of restorative yoga
- Key principles and benefits of this practice
- poses, alignment and use of props
- Anatomy of poses
- Nervous system, stress and relaxation
- Chakras and consciousness
- sequencing for ailments
- Teaching method
- Contraindications, physical and mental health conditions
- Environmental conditions for teaching and holding a space
- whole group and 1:1 teaching
This course is delivered in person at our Derby studio.
Spread over 2 weekends (4 days in total) CPD 40hr.
Yoga Alliance certified provider.
Upon full attendance of all 4 training days and passing practical and written assignments, successful graduates will receive:
- CALM Yoga Award in Teaching Restorative Yoga
- This course is eligible for CEUs with Yoga Alliance (US) There are 32 contact hours and 8 non-contact hours.
Course tutor: Vanessa Davies RYT 500, EYRT 200, YACEP